Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Keep Your Art Talk to Yourself

Talking to non-artists about art is a bad idea I've come to the realization. I mean other than if asked, "So hows the painting going"?  I've come to find out they don't really want to know. It is more of a good or not so good is the answer they want and then that is all, no more than that. It has taken me some time to clamp my mouth shut. But, now I get it. Stop, I must say to myself. Don't get started. This is a trap.
For there is nothing I like more than talking about art. It is so much of who and what I am. I eat, sleep, think and probably dream about art. I get up in the morning thinking about it, do it, and go to bed thinking about it.
So, my dear fellow artists, do not talk on an on about art to non-artists. You have been forward. They will probably run the other way. Well, it could work wonders, if you are trying to get rid of some
one. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment