Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Social Artist

Many people after finding out that I live in New York assume that I have a lot of access to the social  art scene. This is far from the truth. I live in a rural area where not much is going on as far as art is concerned. I have, although, recently found the Kent Art Association http://www.kentart.org/index.html  which I hope will be an art outlet. I went to one meeting, and am optimistic about it.  I volunteered to help do memberships and shows. So with that, I think 2016 will be off to a good start.
With the new year so close, I think a lot of us are making plans. I for one have a few of my own. I think this year I will concentrate more on painting with competitions in mind. I will still do small 5" x 7" paintings. In between those I will do some larger with more subject matter. Also, I want to get my social media up to par by blogging, pinning, etc. I am sure the list will get longer as time goes on. What are your new year plans so far? Have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment