Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Branching Out

Hello, my dear readers;

Most of us like the security of staying in our comfort zones. But, sometimes, it is necessary to branch out and explore other avenues. If I'm not doing art work, most likely on the internet exploring to see what the art world is up to. I recently found a few things to add on to my art life.

I have joined a drawing group. Something that I've wanted to do for a while. This is going to force me to draw more and gain more skills and sharpen the ones acquired. Keeping the basic foundations of my profession strong, I think, is very important.

Another thing that is new; I have joined a local artist group that are the creators of an annual studio tour. I am hoping to meet fellow artists in my area and getting involved with community art functions.

It is nice to be with folks that have same interests. Art, being one of my top priorities, is not always easy to find others with the same especially living in the country. But, they are around, maybe not in your comfort zone. I have to commute and branch out. I will be better for it, I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment